Parental friends! I am so excited to be partnering with Lands' End on a special summer initiative regarding our littles...because let's face it, we all want to keep them entertained but we often forget that fun doesn't mean a three-ring circus daily. Sometimes it's about revisiting the basics. By basics I am referring to keeping learning fun and ensuring that they stay fresh as a new school year approaches. Hard to even wrap our heads around, right?
August will be here before we know it! I fully support Lands' End initiative to keep learning fun and interesting. And let's face it...we all need a down day. Take a peek at some of their summer campaigns and get involved! I promise these activities are anything but stuffy. Think interactive but more importantly, savor it as the quality time we are all craving and an opportunity to disconnect! Ahhhh....there's that word again!
What is #LoveLearning and How Can We Participate:
- National Summer Learning Day is July 13th and Lands’ End together with Steve Spangler Science and Brightly, a website from Penguin Random House, is kicking off the #LoveLearning campaign – making sure education doesn’t take a vacation this summer. Parents and kids can log on to Landsend.com/LoveLearning weekly from now through August 31, 2017, to discover do-it-yourself science experiments, book recommendations, an art contest and an exclusive, limited edition science tee.
- Parents can submit their child’s art at landsend.com/lovelearning. The contest is divided into age groups: 4-6, 7-10, 11-14 and 15-18. All first, second, third and grand prize finishers will receive a free Lands’ End backpack, lunch box and t-shirt personalized with their original artwork. Cash prizes of $500, $250 and $100 will also be awarded to first, second and third place finishers and an overall grand prize winner will receive $1000 and a chance to have their artwork appear in an upcoming catalog.
- Steve Spangler Science Experiments - Keep the passion for science alive this summer with science experiments with Steve Spangler. Join Lands’ End today on Facebook at 11:00 a.m. CT/12:00 p.m. ET for a Facebook Live demonstration by America’s Science Teacher, Steve Spangler. Steve will demonstrate several science experiments, and parents and kids can find additional science activities to do at home at www.landsend.com/LoveLearning.
- Brightly Summer Reading List - Keep young minds inspired and learning this summer with the latest book recommendations from Brightly. Each Thursday through August 31, 2017, Lands’ End will feature Brightly’s Book Pick of the Week along with thoughtful discussion questions for parents and kids to encourage reading comprehension. Kids can join in the adventures of favorite characters such as EllRay Jakes, Dory Fantasmagory and Bea Garcia, follow Dr. Seuss characters in a search for a new pet and help solve a baseball mystery with the bestselling “Magic Treehouse” book series. Find a new literary adventure each week on the #LoveLearning landing page.
- Smart Back-to-School Looks and Offers from Lands’ End - Lands’ End Kids love learning so much that they oftentimes wear it. From space tees to a love of animals for both boys and girls, this BTS season kids can wear a love of learning back to class. In celebration of National Summer Learning Day, regular-price Lands’ End Kids graphic tees will be 50% off for one day only - today! In addition, each week a limited edition graphic tee will be introduced to coordinate with that week’s science experiment. Visit Landsend.com/LoveLearning each week to collect all eight tees.
- Twitter Party - To celebrate National Summer Learning Day, Lands’ End is hosting the #LoveLearning Twitter event today from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. (CST) at hashtag #LoveLearning. The two-hour event will include learning with science tips from Steve Spangler, Emmy award-winning TV host and America’s science teacher, summer reading inspiration from Brightly and chances to win $100 Lands’ End Gift Cards, Children’s Books and Big Bag of Science Kits.
- #LoveLearning Twitter Event Details:
- Follow: @LandsEndPR, @LandsEnd, @SteveSpangler and @ReadBrightly
- Hashtag: #LoveLearning #LansdEndKids
- Time: 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. CST
- Date: July 13, 2017